About our founder partner, Fotini Efthymiadis
Fotini in a nutshell
Fotini Efthymiadis founded Socratim in order to live her professional passion and at the same time to contribute to people’s evolution and life alignment.
Multicultural and quadrilingual, she holds a degree in Applied Economics and a MBA from Solvay Management School.
Next to that she has a degree in Coaching from the Leading and Coaching Academy. During her career, she gained about 10 years of experience in the areas of:
- Career Coaching for managers and decision managers
- Interim Management - Staffing & Recruitment on Senior Management level
- Coaching private and professional development on Senior Level
- Launch of Interim Management and new line of business
- Training, mentoring of Senior Managers and people management
- Business Development
Her key values: Ethics – Professionalism – Quality – “win-win” Partnership – Openness – Consistency
Detailed CV of Fotini Efthymiadis
Relationship: LT partnership, excellent listening capacities, open-minded, integer
Entrepreneurship: creative, dynamic, think out-of-the box, pragmatic, accountable, hands-on
Results Oriented: perseverant, quality, convincing, win-win mentality, professional
Passion for people: contribute to people's evolution, care for interactivity in teams
Coaching for private and professional development
- Coaching techniques (TA, NLP, …) – degree in Coaching
- Practice “on the job” in recruitment and business meetings on senior management level
- Coach “attitude” in people management and one-to-one meetings
- Practice on individuals for their private and professional development
Main achievements: "a senior manager who I coached, became aware of his strengths and believes in order to make a new career step completely out of his comfort zone. He had never thought about moving to HR as he was in finance. The guidance and coaching I offered him opened his mind to larger opportunities. Today he feels more fulfilled and aligned."
Career Transition Management & Recruitment on Senior Management Level
- Recruitment – research, selection, interviews and reference taking techniques
- Advice and coach for career transition and give support for making appropriate decision
- Analyse skills and mind-sets to challenge compatibility with interim management
- Match the candidates’ expectations and experience with the right assignment and client
- Consultancy in interim management on senior level on candidates’ and companies’ sides
- Facilitate and ensure the communication between all parties
- Quality follow-up of the project’s deliverables and evolution
Main achievement: "Listen to people’s professional expectations during interviews and meetings with CxO’s of companies in prospection, I was often asked “- Could I become an Interim Manager?”. I then explained them the specificities of this career, the mind-set and the key competences needed. Indeed, not everybody fits this career style. For the ones who were interested, I further explained and challenged them to help them make the right decisions and choices. I am particularly proud of a Line Manager who never thought interim manager could be a career possibility for him. He needed a career change and he asked me to discuss this with him based to my experience. After several discussions, he took the time and started interim management. He thanked me for having challenged his believes while remaining objective. He made his choice aware of his strengths, weaknesses and expectations. He did never regret the choice he made."
- Mentor and “sound board” for Senior Line Managers, Interim Managers, team members
- Prepare and train senior managers to interviews (Do’s and Don’ts)
- As top producer and passionate for her job, inspire consultants to become top in their job
- Train teams of consultants in recruitment and business development areas
- Lead by example attitude in people management (about 3-6 direct reports)
- Educate” business contacts to the concept of interim management
Main achievement: "I love transmitting know-how, see people evolve and have impact.
As people manager of teams (consultants), I used to train them in workshops and on the job. They were very different in terms of background, seniority and culture. I trained them to become autonomous, accountable and successful in their job, respecting ethics and the team spirit. I am especially proud of a particularly young consultant I recruited and who was considered as too junior compared to the seniority level of the business contacts we meet in interim management. I was his mentor and invested time and energy against general thoughts because he had the right professional attitude and maturity. He became quickly successful and autonomous in his job. He still considers me as his mentor and “example” today in his next challenge as people manager."
Strategic Consultancy for the Interim Management sector and in Business Development
- In-depth knowledge and practice of interim management business (strategic and operational)
- Analyse the market and detect leads – list target companies with potential
- Acquisition and retention of clients – Belgian Market
- Build-up and maintain long term business partnership with prospects and clients
- Price negotiations, contract set-up and customizations
- Networking skills – participation to professional business events – social networks
Main achievement: "During the crisis of 2009, I was asked by the management to take over the position of division manager in Zaventem. The purpose was to use my proven track record in the sector and change management skills. My mission was to improve the alarming business situation of the interim management team in the region of Zaventem and take the lead of the existing team. The turnover was decreasing significantly. I analysed the reasons and implemented change management in order to solve major issues they were facing. The team missed a leader, best practices and a fit between their professional interests, strengths and the business expectations. I set up new work flows based on best practices, quality and ethics. I motivated and trained the remaining consultants and the new hired ones. As a result, the new team was motivated, we caught up with growth rate, retained and acquired clients
and all this within a difficult market."
Mid June 2012 – Feb 2013 QUANTEUS
Quanteus, a small privately owned Belgian company, with a core team of about 7 people, specialized in strategic consultancy.
The division QuantIM focuses on Implementation Resources for large and mid-sized companies.
Director QuantIM – Interim Management brand
Dec 2003 – mid June 2012 ROBERT HALF INTERNATIONAL - RHI Belgium
American company specialized in staffing and recruitment, quoted at the NYSE.
Manager (from April 2011 – to June 2012) – for Interim Management (“Management Resources”)
Brussels - Wallonia, Zaventem, Flemish Brabant and Limburg Regions – Broaden responsibilities
Division Manager (from May 2009 – March 2011) for Interim Management (“Management Resources”)
Zaventem, Flemish Brabant and Limburg Regions – team of 2 to 4 people
Business Manager – (from October 2008 – April 2009) – starting Consultancy (“Consulting Services”)
Belgium – National level – creation of a new function and new line of business
Division Manager (from April 2006 – September 2008) for Interim Management (“Management Resources”)
Brussels and Wallonia regions – Top producer worldwide – team of 3 to 5 people
Consultant (end 2003 to March 2006) for Interim Management (“Management Resources”)
Brussels and Wallonia regions - Top producer in Belgium and Europe
2002 - end 2003 BANKSYS – ATOS WORLDLINE BELGIUM
Large company leader in electronic payments.
2001 - 2002 MINISTRY OF ECONOMICS
Price and Competition Division of the Ministry of Economics.
2000- 2001 GLAXOSMITHKLINE Biologicals /Vaccines
Worldwide H.Q. of GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines.
Junior Financial Analyst (1-year contract, “Rosetta")
LEADING AND COACHING ACADEMY (LCA)
Degree in Coaching - Lessons given by a Master Coach (MCC) -
LCA is certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF)
SOLVAY BUSINESS SCHOOL (1999)
Master in Business Administration (MBA) – Distinction
INSTITUT COOREMANS (1998)
Degree in Applied Economics (Licence en sciences commerciales et financières) – Distinction
Mémoire : «Le secteur pharmaceutique et la commercialisation des
médicaments génériques - Great distinction
- Marketing training – ICHEC (2000)
- Negotiation, conflict management, etc. – KLUWER
- Training in Coaching Tools to deepen and broaden my knowledge – LCA
Languages: French (MT), Fluent in Dutch and English, good Greek (MT)
Hobbies: Travelling and learn other cultures’ lifestyles, history - Bringing people together by organizing private events – Sport: regular jogging and personal program for fitness – Love going to the cinema – Dancing: Salsa and Greek folkloric dances - Contribute to people’s evolution and life alignment: practice of coaching - Personal development: on-going trainings, supervision and readings
Nationality: Belgian - Greek origin - Born and live in Belgium